COVID-19 UPDATE: WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT ALL OUR EYE CARE SERVICES ARE NOW AVAILABLE
- We have social distancing measures in place and our team are using personal protective equipment.
- Anyone attending our practice must please wear a face mask or face covering, unless you are exempt, before you come in for any reason. If you are exempt, we may still ask you to wear a face mask when you are in our testing room to complete your eye exam, therefore please bring a face mask or face covering with you.
- Do not attend our practice if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, if you are self-isolating or if anyone you live with has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- We have a protocol in place for those wanting to choose new glasses and sunglasses with thorough cleaning and disinfecting throughout the day. We also have hand sanitiser available at the practice for you to use.
- To enable us to manage the numbers of people in the practice at any one time, we recommend that you please book in for an appointment for choosing glasses, repairs and spectacle adjustments. If you attend without making an appointment we may not be able to see you.
- If you need any help or advice or if you want to make an appointment please telephone us on 0161 794 2454.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Industrial prescription protective eye wear – to protect your precious eyes
Health and Safety at Work Regulations require employers to identify and evaluate workplace risk. At Wallwork Opticians we can suggest appropriate protective eye wear for your work environment and circumstances. This includes prescription lenses.
If your place of work has a ‘Company’ order form that stipulates the type of lens and lens material along with a range of frames, we are happy to stock samples and provide them to your employer’s requirements.
If you are a self–employed trader requiring protective eye wear we would perform a detailed assessment of your requirements and the type of hazards that are associated with your day to day work. We can then suggest suitable protective eyewear.
All orders for safety eye wear will be issued with a proper certificate at time of completion to ensure that necessary standards have been met.
DIY – Personal protection
There are many more accidents in the home than at work. DIY is an especially common cause of such accidents.
Hazards include flying particles, dust and chemical compounds, such as ammonia, acids and super glue.
To protect your eyes from these hazards there are various injection moulded polycarbonate goggles available. These can be supplied as non-prescription goggles for people who don’t require any correction to their vision as well as for those people who need suitable protection that fits over the top of spectacles they already wear.
If you would like to discuss your requirements further, please call us on tel: 0161 794 2454, or contact us or book an appointment today.